We believe we are the only private biomedical open access book publisher in the world who submits all edited books for indexing in NCBI/NIH/NLM Bookshelf immediately after publication. If our claim is inaccurate, let us know with evidence. We will not only correct the error but also will provide a 50% discount on the publishing fee.
The process for getting a book chapter indexed in PubMed is different from the process for journal articles. Once a journal is accepted for indexing, all articles published in that journal are automatically indexed as soon as the publishers submit the files. This is not the case for books. For books, there is something called NCBI/NIH/NLM Bookshelf, and each book is assessed separately. The process is described below:
1. Immediately after publication, we submit our books to Bookshelf for evaluation along with the CV of the editor.
2. Bookshelf assesses each book on three criteria: the CV of the editor, scientific quality, and technical quality.
3. Once the CV of the editor is satisfactory, the book will be assessed for scientific quality.
4. After passing the scientific quality, Bookshelf will ask us to submit specially created files in accordance with their stringent guidelines, which will undergo technical evaluation.
5. Once these files pass technical evaluation, the book and the chapters will be accepted for indexing.
6. After signing an agreement with Bookshelf, which is separate for each book, the books and chapters will be indexed. Indexing in Europe PubMed Central is via their collaboration with NCBI Bookshelf.
The process takes about 4-12 weeks after publication. While there is no guarantee that all books will be accepted as it is at the sole discretion of Bookshelf, we are pleased to inform you that all books and book chapters we have published so far are indexed in NCBI/NIH/NLM Bookshelf and PubMed. The following is the list of books that are indexed in NCBI/NIH/NLM Bookshelf and PubMed.
29. Leukemia, ISBN: 978-0-6453320-7-0, Published on 16 October 2022. Application for NCBI Bookshelf is being prepared.
28. Gastrointestinal Cancers, ISBN: 978-0-6453320-6-3, Published on 30 Sep 2022. Accepted for indexing in NCBI Bookshelf.
27. Urologic Cancers, ISBN: 978-0-6453320-5-6. Published on 12 September 2022. Accepted for indexing in NCBI Bookshelf.
26. Ovarian Cancer, ISBN: 978-0-6453320-8-7. Published on 08 September 2022. Accepted for indexing in NCBI Bookshelf.
6. Noncutaneous Melanoma. ISBN: 978-0-9944381-5-7. PMID: 29874011; Bookshelf ID: NBK506988
5. Cutaneous Melanoma: Etiology and Therapy. ISBN: 978-0-9944381-4-0. PMID: 29461782; Bookshelf ID: NBK481862